Degrees, Certificates & Credentials
Paying for College
Impact of the CSU
Teacher and Educator Preparation
Business & Economy
The CSU System
About the CSU
Graduation Initiative 2025
Why the CSU Matters
Faculty & Staff
Doing Business with the CSU
Transparency & Accountability
Support the CSU
Support the CSU
CSU Job Listing Details
Educational Effectiveness Analyst - Associate, Academic and Institutional Studies II
June 20, 2019
Open until filled
CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9)
Link to Apply Online:
Campus Employment Homepage:
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $5,325.00/month to $6,667.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
The Institutional Effectiveness & Research office serves the University as the principal source of analysis and reporting on a broad array of institutional topics to fulfill Cal State East Bay's commitment to student success and outcomes.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The incumbent in this position will contribute to work that receives high visibility and that is helping to shape a culture of inquiry and data-informed decision making on campus. As integral thought partners with campus colleagues, the Educational Effectiveness Analyst will help to strengthen campus capacity to collect, interpret, and act upon data to inform institutional effectiveness.
In collaboration with staff at the Office of Institutional Effectiveness & Research, the incumbent will design, conduct, and interpret data to inform institutional initiatives and student programs, with a focus on enrollment, student outcome measures, and institutional effectiveness. The Educational Effectiveness Analyst will collaborate closely with colleagues across the university to determine the meaning behind the data and meet the needs of campus stakeholders.
Articulates and executes an assessment plan for data collection, analysis, and reporting of institutional and program outcomes in collaboration with campus initiatives, departments, and/or programs.
* Assists programs to develop goals, outcomes, metric, data collection and analysis for program effectiveness.
* Plans, develops and implements new methods and systems for data collection and management.
* Collects, analyzes, interprets and integrates complex data using broad knowledge of organizational structures and systems as needed for projections, planning, and evaluation of university initiatives and programs.
* Explains complex analyses clearly for both the expert and general audiences.
* Provides analytical support for the assessment of Institutional Learning Outcomes.
Supports programs through trainings of assessment strategies and methods and helps to build assessment capacity and a culture of evidence.
* Provides high level assistance with the implementation of measures and indicators for assessment of student success and learning.
* Facilitates capacity building of assessment skills and the development of a culture of inquiry and evidence with campus colleagues.
Collects, analyzes, interprets and reports on institutional and survey data for projections, planning, and evaluation to inform conversations and planning of institutional initiatives.
* Responds to requests for data and analyses from campus constituents and external agencies.
Other duties as assigned.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with interpersonal skills to positively convey findings to senior leadership & faculty and general audiences.
* Exemplary critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Attention to detail and commitment to exceptional work quality standards.
* Interest and/or ability to work in a multicultural/multi-ethnic environment.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university.
* Four years of professional experience conducting assessment, data analyses, and/or research in a university setting or relevant technical field experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches. The rank of Associate Professor or higher in a four-year college or university and demonstrated experience in research or special study work may be substituted for the four years of experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Masters/Doctoral degree in related fields focusing on quantitative analysis.
* Evidence of statistical analyses and research methodologies with large complex datasets on a statistical software package (such as SPSS, STATA, R, or similar tools).
* Experience in developing reports, dashboards, and data visualizations using Tableau visualization software.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
Back to Top